Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Funny story

So many of you know that I am in nursing school. Well being in nursing school comes with funny stories, especially when it deals with older patients. My class and I were at an assisted living home and we were trying to get the residents to play BINGO! I know that sounds like so much fun (to me anyway), but they were not that excited. Between trying to wake them up from falling asleep in their snack and keeping them all in the same area, lets just say it was a challenge. Anyway my friend Sarah was trying to talk to an older woman about what she would like to do after bingo. The woman just looked at Sarah and reached her hand for her (sisters) womanly body part. Sarah was shocked, the woman continued to keep a hold of them while talking. The woman said "You have big ones!", Sarah's face was priceless, she had no idea what to do. Finally after contemplating what to do Sarah politely said "Honey, God gives us different gifts". Oh my gosh it was the funniest thing, Sarah was a little embarrassed but she was so great about it. If you ever meet Sarah you would realize how her Kentucky accent made the story even better. It just makes me realize that during the most uncomfortable moments in life we should take a minute and think about what we are going to say. (this might be one of those stories where you had to have been there) :)

Wedding day

Wedding day
Our wedding day was amazing, I can't thank everyone enough for all the work they put into it. And it is crazy to think that is has almost been one year! wowzers

Sister Amy and I in Kuwait

Sister Amy and I in Kuwait
This is a picture of Amy and I just doing some training in Kuwait while we were waiting to go to Iraq. I just think this picture is funny because of the dorky glasses.